Canadian Skilled Workforce, a Canadian resource provider with highly skilled Canadian talent is seeking Utility Lineman/Linewoman & Substation Technicians to work on a contract basis in Caribbean. Positions to start immediately.
Responsibilities for various positions could include:
- Oversee construction activities
- Support Construction activities
- Outage troubleshooting
- HV Electrical apparatus testing
- Switching and Isolating
The successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be a certified utility lineman, journeyman electrician, electrical technologist or engineer and have a minimum of 10+ years experience working for a Utility provider.
- Candidate must have experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience in overhead and underground transmission are involved.
- Certificate with air brake licence, certified for bucket lift operation is an asset.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Strong sense of safety and good understanding of sound isolation practices in an utility environment is required.
- Graduate from a recognized Canadian technical institute in Industrial Electrician, Electrical Technician or Technologist along with work gained experience.
- Experience in Utility Maintenance and Operations a must have.
- Ability to travel to international location, provide valid passport and must pass criteria for a work visa.
This is a contract position where the candidate will reside in an island environment with rotation provided. Location is in a safe diplomatic country within attractive tourist location.
Contract duration to be determined. Compensation to be discussed with successful candidates.
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications and experience. Please apply on line at www.cswi.ca and site the posting name Utility Workers. We thank interested applicants for taking the time to submit their resume, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.