Sancon Commissioning has an opportunity for a HSEQ Coordinator, based in our Calgary office. Sancon provides the specialized service of Commissioning and Start-Up to large industrial projects. Our client's business is to take fabrication sites to a safe and efficient operating facility. Our ISO 9001 certified Sancon Integration Management System forms the foundation for sound commissioning planning and project execution.
Sancon requires an individual certified as a Health, Safety and Environment profession, with an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of ISO 9001-2015 standards.
The position will be Calgary Based with requirements to visit Sancon project sites to perform audits, mentoring/training of staff and assist the site leadership continuous improvement efforts in the areas of HSEQ.
• 5 – 10 years in a Senior Leadership Position with experience in managing ISO registered quality systems and Health and Safety programs in an industrial/construction atmosphere.
• Professional safety designation from a recognized post secondary institute, or equivalent experience.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of OH&S Regulations, Industry, Provincial and National Standards.
• Proficient communicator in English language, written and spoken.
• Strong working knowledge in software systems such as Microsoft, Adobe programs and the use of databases.
• Ability to conduct and manage internal audits in accordance with ISO requirements.
• Committed Team Player.
• Manage Field Safety personnel / ISO quality auditors.
• Maintain ISO 9001 quality certification.
• Develop, implement and maintain ISO training programs.
• Develop internal ISO auditors.
• Revise procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with Company practices and ISO standards.
• Identify and implement quality enhancement opportunities.
• Accountable to complete field and office audit cycle.
• Conduct all preparations and lead the annual external audit with and ISO representative, ensure all documentation required for the audit is readily available and completed properly.
• Prepare and circulate a report on the effectiveness of the Quality program for executive management.
• Provide HSEQ documentation and information for bids/proposals.
• Accountable for corporate safety program.
• Maintain quality and safety logs/databases.
• Accountable for monitoring and improvements in the corporate HSE performance.
• Accountable for HSE manual updates and revisions.
• Accountable to establish corporate HSE standards and certification requirements.
• Develop and maintain safety program and recognition with all third-party certification authorities. (ISN, ComplyWorks, Avetta).
• Manage the process for providing current clearance letters for WCB and General Liability Insurance.
• Create and distribute monthly news letter, summarizing relevant quality and safety performance/activities.
• Participate in work refusal meetings.
• Participate in the completion of Incident reports for all safety related work refusals, incidents, injuries, illnesses, near misses, damage to equipment and/or property. Track all incidents in a database.
All applications will be reviewed, but only the successful ones will be contacted. All others will be kept on file for future considerations.