Canadian Skilled Workforce, a Canadian resource provider with highly skilled Canadian talent is seeking Utility Lineman/Linewoman to work on a permanent resident basis in Caribbean.
Responsibilities for various positions could include:
- Equipment maintenance reviews,
- Equipment maintenance and repairs
- Outage troubleshooting
- HV Electrical apparatus testing
- Project initiative support
- Supervision of project assignments
The successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be a certified utility lineman and have a minimum of 5+ years experience working for a Utility provider.
- Candidate must have experience in maintenance, troubleshooting repairs, testing reclosers and regulators.
- Experience in overhead and underground transmission are involved.
- Must have air brake licence, certified for bucket lift operation and be in good physical condition.
- Candidate must be computer competent and be able to prepare reports and gather data.
- Strong sense of safety and good understanding of sound isolation practices in an utility environment is required.
- Graduate from a recognized Canadian technical institute in Industrial Electrician, Electrical Technician or Technologist along with work gained experience.
- Experience in Utility Maintenance and Operations a must have.
- Ability to travel to international location, provide valid passport and must pass criteria for a work visa.
This is a permanent contract position where the candidate will reside full time in an island environment with vacation provided. Location is in a safe diplomatic country within attractive tourist location.
Contract is for 1 year with possibility of 2nd year extension. Compensation to be discussed with successful candidates.
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications and experience. Please apply on line at www.cswi.ca and site the posting name Tropical Utility Lineman/Linewoman. We thank interested applicants for taking the time to submit their resume, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.