Sancon Commissioning is a multi-discipline, industrial commissioning company, who takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the Corporate Safety Manager, you will be responsible for the overall safety practices and safety management plan for projects. Through safe and timely execution, you will play a leadership role with respect to safety on the job.
This position is based out of Calgary, Alberta and will require the successful candidate to travel to project locations to assist in safety program set up, delivery of company-specific training, completion of audits, and inspections.
- Provide safety leadership to onsite project managers and all site employees.
- Review project learning’s and best practices and incorporate it into the project-specific Safety Management Plan.
- Analyze hazard identification (JHA’s) and risk assessments/matrix and ensure implementation of identified controls are adequate and improving.
- Audit safety systems that are implemented on-site.
- Support project leadership during incident investigations and reports.
- Analyze statistics and injury/damage trend reviews and communicate findings to management.
- Assist with maintaining the Health, Safety, and Environment Dashboard
- Provide high-level support for workplace inspections, focus audits and competency checks where authorized and certified.
- Ensure the site hazardous and controlled product registry (WHMIS) is current and up to date.
- Participate in plan task observation and behaviour-based activities.
- Participate, as appropriate, in responding to workplace incidents or emergencies.
- Analyze corrective actions from incident investigations as well as maintain an up to date project corrective action log, ensure execution and effectiveness.
- Support the site Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Manage all incident investigations along with corrective and preventative actions to client safety within the expected period, depending on client requirements.
The successful candidate will have;
- Knowledge of relevant Safety laws, codes of practice and standards applicable to the project and province
- CSO / NCSO designation required
- Minimum 3 years’ in a Safety Supervisor role
- Effective self-managing, good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing, and priority setting skills combined with a strong work ethic
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative and be a team player
- Computer knowledge (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Pre-employment medical exam and drug test will be required.
- The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
- Job Types: Full-time, Temporary