Job Description: Pipefitter
CSW is looking for a Journeyman Pipefitter for one of their clients to work in a fast moving environment in the construction and development phase of a Production facility in Alberta’s Oil and Gas field. Position is rotational, and travel and accommodations are provided.
The ability to lay out, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems, pipe support, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints: Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
1. Inspect work site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
2. Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
3. Thread pipe, using pipe-threading machine.
4. Assemble and install variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic.
5. Connect pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and handtools.
6. Secure pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using handtools and power tools.
7. Install and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using handtools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints.
8. Assist in the conducting of system for leaks.
9. May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
10. May be designated Steam Fitter when installing piping systems that must withstand high pressure.
All applications will be reviewed , only the successful candidates will be contacted, all others will be kept on file for a period of 1 year for future considerations. Please when applying add to your resume the field/ job number that you are applying for.