To fulfill the duties involved with the safe commissioning and start up of equipment and plant operating systems. The role is also a primary interface with the operations department and the construction group to ensure a smooth and efficient turn over of a project.
Must have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with people in various functional areas.
The primary duties required by this role include:
- Ability to perform commissioning and start up duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Strong understanding of Permit to Work Systems.
- Commissioning and operations support and assistance.
- Issue safe work permits and gas testing as required.
- Ability to perform Mechanical Isolation of Process equipment ensuring zero stored energy and equipment is safe for maintenance activities.
- Commission and start up of equipment and plant operating systems.
- Develop, write and update procedures, lockout sheets and reading sheets. Procedures include commissioning, start up, shut down and standard operating procedures.
Independently make decisions regarding the quality and completeness of the project. Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Carry out assigned work in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated strong written and effective verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills and data management skills.
- Read and understand P&ID's.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of plant and process systems.
- Strong plant operating ability.
- SAGD experience preferred
- Oil & gas or related industry experience.
- 5 to 10 years of plant operating experience.
- Control room-operations experience with distributed control systems (DCS).
- Prior commissioning and start up experience would be an asset.
- Third or Second Class Power Engineering Certificate would be an asset
All applications will be reviewed only the successful ones will be contacted. All others will be kept on file for future considerations.